- The unrestricted right to hold a wholesale license for the distribution of malt beverages.
- The right to sell beer,
- The right to approve or change wholesalers,
- The right to hold 2 class b licenses with restaurants.
- The right to have a distributor to hold a financial interest in a brewery(private or public).
For the record - The interaction between the Wisconsin Beer Distributors Association and The Wisconsin Brewers Guild has been done these following times:
- Summer of 2009 - Multiple meetings were held with affiliated industry members discussing the formation of a Brewer’s coalition WBDA was invited and did not attend a single meeting.
- Fall of 2009 - Multiple overtures were made to WBDA and members requesting a joint Board meeting.
- January 2010 - An informal meeting between one Guild member and one WBDA member nothing was in writing. The Craft Brewer’s were assured joint discussions would occur and there was no urgency. The Craft brewer’s reiterated their interest in a joint meeting.
- February 2010 - The WBDA proposal was forwarded to the Craft Brewer’s Guild.
- March 2010 - Craft Brewer’s responded to WBDA their opposition to the proposal and requested a joint meeting.
- March 29 - First joint legislative negotiating meeting between WBDA and Guild.
- April 5 - Second joint legislative meeting.
- April 12 - Third joint legislative meeting.
- April 14- Guild was notified that the WBDA could not come to agreement and would not negotiate further on the proposal in drafting.
- April 19 - Craft Brewer’s waiting to see draft of proposal.
Dear WBDA - Please stop trying to help us. We don't need this kind of help.
To all of our fans out there! PLEASE CONTACT your State Representatives. Please use points above when doing so. THANKS!